Finally an innovative mobility aid at an affordable price!
AmbuTech and RNIB are proud to announce a new affordable electronic travel aid solution for head and upper body protection.
Ultrasonic Object Detection
The iGlasses Ultrasonic Mobility Aid is a head-mounted device which enables more informed, confident, and efficient pedestrian travel. Objects in your path are detected by the ultrasonic sensors and communicated via gentle vibrations. As obstacles get nearer the frequency of the vibration will increase. The device is intended as a secondary mobility device to complement the traditional long cane or guide dog.
Battery Level Notification
The iGlasses are easy to use and learn. Simply slide them on like a normal pair of glasses and depress the power button. An audible series of beeps will alert you that the device has turned on, at the same time communicating the current battery level.
- 4 BEEPS – 100% Battery
- 3 BEEPS – 75% Battery
- 2 BEEPS – 50% Battery
- 1 BEEP – 0% Battery Charge Required
The arms are adjustable and can be set to the most comfortable length by gently, but firmly, pulling the end of the arm away from the lens area.
The vibration intensity level can be fine tuned to suit your personal preference and your current environment.
Download instruction manual
iGlasses Technical Specifications
Power & Battery
- 3.7V 600mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery life equivalent to one week of typical use (10 hours continuous vibration)
- Compact AC charger with USB option
- Quick charge in 2-3 hours
- Available with your choice of clear or tinted lenses
- Durable polycarbonate lenses with UV400 protection
- On/Off Switch with audible battery level indication
- Adjustable vibration intensity via thumbwheel
- Hands free operation
- Adjustable arms
- Includes soft protective pouch
- Detection Range: 0-3 meters (detection map)
Weight & Dimensions
- 75 grams
- 6.75" x 5.75" x 2"
- 6 month limited warranty